Rules and Regulations
- The student shall abide by the rules and regulations enforced and those which may hereafter be the authorities of the college. Notices informing the enforcement of such rules are displayed on the college notice boards from time to time.
- The student shall not undertake or participate or associate with any activity inside the college that may interfere with the orderly administration and smooth working of the college.
- The student must carry a valid identity card (with all proper necessary entry and lamination) while in the college campus and the same must be produced whenever demanded by any member of the staff. A student without identity card may not be allowed to enter the college premises.
- It is the responsibility of students to read the notice boards regularly and also see the college website for important announcements made by the College office from time to time and they will not be given any concession or excuse on grounds of ignorance.
- No Society/association/forum will be formed without the permission of the Principal. No person shall be invited to address a meeting or a society/ association/ forum without the permission of the Principal.
- The Student must maintain silence in the classrooms, laboratories and library. They should not loiter in the corridors when the classes are being conducted. Students are expected to spend their spare time in Students’ Common Room or study in the library (reading room) without causing any inconvenience or disturbance to other students and teachers.
- Smoking, chewing gums, pan masala, spitting or any other such act are strictly prohibited in the premises of the college. Any student found indulging in any such act shall be severely punished.
- Damage to college property will be recovered from the student if found guilty. Such student/s will face immediate rustication.
- No student shall communicate any information or write about the matters dealing with the college administration to the Press.
- Use of filthy language or misconduct and or intimidation on the part of the student is sufficient ground/reasons for the suspension or expulsion.
- Use of mobile phones in the premises of the college will not be permitted.
Use of Social Media
- Anyone using/ Copying/Reproducing fake profile of Teachers / Principal/ Management, Thakur Shyamnarayan Degree College logo, Thakur Shyamnarayan Degree College name is a legal offence.
- Any prank message circulation on Social networking site / Messenger Service / Print Media related with Thakur Shyamnarayan Degree College activities is a legal offence and due legal action will be taken against the person.
- Without prior written permission from the authorities no one is supposed to create any confession page / any group page that bears Thakur Shyamnarayan Degree College name and logo.
- Students are advised to be cautious before posting any Comments, like, on social networking site.
Attendance of Learners: Important Ordinance (O.6086)
- Attendance in all lectures, practical’s, tutorials, tests, internal assessment and examination is compulsory. According to ordinances 0.6086 overall 75% attendance and 50% attendance in each subject of the number of days on which lectures are delivered for Term I and Term II separately is compulsory.
- Ordinance 0.125: To keep terms at the college, a student must complete to the satisfaction of the Principal the course prescribed for such terms for the class to which the student belongs.
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging.
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any students or, as the case may be, the parents or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received; he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.